10k/Half-Marathon Training Clinics
FitFirst Fall 2018 Run Clinic
Sundays @ FitFirst (3713 kensington, burnaby)
SepT. 9th - Nov. 18th @ 9:00am
- Brand-new to running?
- Striving for a new personal best?
- Looking for a vibrant community?
Join runners and walkers of all abilities as we build, teach, and train together for our fall 10k or half-marathon race—Try Event's Vancouver Historic Half Marathon on November 25th.
Our 11-week 10k or half-marathon training clinics offer:
- Options for all levels. Whether you're aiming for 10k or half-marathon distance, we have a group to match your abilities and goals.
- 10k groups: 2 mins run/2 mins walk, 4 mins run/2 mins walk, 7 mins run/1 min walk, 10 mins run/1 min walk or straight running
- Half marathon groups: 10 mins run/1 min walk at a variety of paces.
- Progressional training. We organize the routes and incremental training plan—so you can gradually improve your fitness, endurance, and speed.
- 15% FitFirst store discount for the duration of the clinic
- $40-value Brooks running apparel or accessory item
- Informational guest speakers and experts
- Experienced pace-group leaders
WHERE & WHEN:
Meet every Sunday from Sept. 9 to Nov. 18 at FitFirst Footwear (located in the Fortius building, 3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby)
Run/Walk: This group follows a program designed for those getting into running and/or recovering from an injury. This program builds slowly in a friendly environment, while providing motivation to reach the 10km goal!
Straight Run Pace Groups: Straight run groups follow the workout schedule listed without walking breaks, and are led through the workouts by group leaders based on a consistent min/mile pace.
Hills: Hills prepare muscles for faster running without going anaerobic. Hills also strengthen the major running muscles & help us become more efficient runners.
Fartleks: Varied intervals designed to increase your anaerobic capacity, strength & power.